Wednesday, June 10, 2009

What are shared waters?

You mean, other than the ones in which you can swim, drink, and splash around when the whim seizes you?


It's a line from a short piece by Bill Capossere: "I wonder if he felt, as I do, the quickening arc of the sun and moon across the sky and the impatient way they seem to pull at the shared waters of our blood."


So there you have it - we're all shared waters. Sometimes we run still and placid, and other times, we feel the moon tugging us every which way.


3 comments:

  1. I like this idea of "shared waters"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Vivian, shared waters is a beautiful sentiment. I wish more of us realised we are shared waters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is funny as i have recently been watching the moon / tide charts in awe as im getting more of a feel for how the moon and the sea dance and pull away. I like how this is explored in respect to the feelings between humans....love it!

    ReplyDelete